Chronicling the joys and challenges of fostering and adopting.


Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Letter to A

I wish I was the mom you deserved.

When I step back from everything that's going on and look at you I see such a beautiful, amazing daughter of God.

You are a girl that lights up a room with your infectious smile. You get giddy with excitement over the simplest things. You bring such joy to our family.


I don't know why I'm so hard on you. Maybe it's because I see too much of myself in you so I push you harder and harder until one of us breaks.


It's not fair, and I'm sorry baby girl. You don't deserve that at all.

You are the girl, the new girl, who decides to befriend the other new girl at school. Your teacher said he's never known a new student to step up and welcome the other new student. But you do.
You are also the best sister in the world. Even when Abby is mean to you, you look for any way to be sweet and kind. Any girl would kill to have a sister like you.


You, my daughter, have the love of God in you and you share it with everyone else. Sometimes you may go overboard and smother, but you love wholeheartedly.

I pray you never lose that passion and zeal and child-like love of Christ. Tonight you made a poster of the manger scene and wrote "God sent Jesus to save us." Then you made a beautiful song about how God's people were being very bad, but because God loves us so much He gave us Jesus, and now His people can be good because we have Jesus. You're so precious.

I'm sorry I'm hard on you. Please forgive me sweet girl.

I love you always and forever.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment